Hillside High School students will take the initiative to become respectful citizens, creative problem solvers, and inspirational leaders who will be equipped with the skills to compete in an ever-changing global society.
In partnership with the greater Hillside community, Hillside High School will support the development of active thinkers/leaders and celebrate student achievement and accomplishment.
Promoting a positive school culture, Hillside High School will encourage citizenship through rigorous and innovative teaching that encourages students to use their agency to advocate for a more socially just and equitable society while learning in an ever-changing global community.
- Every person has a right to a positive, safe and supportive learning environment.
- Teaching and learning are student-centered and will flourish in an environment of mutual respect.
- Lifelong learning is essential for success in an ever-changing global society.
- Responsibility for educational excellence rests with all stakeholders: educators, learners, families and community.
Profile of Graduates
A graduate of Hillside High School will
- Be a critical, creative and independent problem solver.
- Engage in current issues related to ethics, environment, politics, economics and society.
- Exhibit proficiency with technology.
- Build collaborative and cross-cultural relationships within the community.
- Exercise leadership and service by advocating for self and others in personal, professional and civic activities.
- Pursue lifelong learning.